17 July 2012

High Wolf - 2011 - A Guide to Healing

Quality: 3.75 out of 5
Trip-O-Meter: 4.5 out of 5

Here's a bit of a trifle - just twelve minutes of electronic tetrahedrons sparking neurons in your mind.  I can't even remember where this came from as I just stumbled upon it on my hard drive.  I imagine that I found it on the Weed Temple blog, which deserves your undivided attention if you're not already a fan.

Anyway, back to this particular guide.  Honestly, I'd probably head to some Indian classical, Alan Watts, or maybe something with throat singing and bells for the healing sound.  High Wolf take the route with a lysergic ice pick to the brain.  "Free You Energy Field" is just short of awesomeness.  Not to come in with too strong of a 'should-a would-a,' but I'll be damned if this wouldn't be a celestial drone on the order of Spacemen 3's "Ecstasy Symphony" if not for that damn bouncing, sequenced pulse.  Maybe a remix is in order?  It eventually fades out in the name of bongos, though, so that's cool.  "Swallow Pills With Ganges River Water" has a tighter hold on my attention.  It's percolations of liquid sound would've fit nicely a 80's Cannon Films spectacular with David Carradine or Steven Segal (if you're unlucky) heading into the deep forest on a spirit quest/ass-kicking tutorial.

High Wolf probably have a bandcamp site or something, but I'm too lazy to look for it.  You've got twelve minutes of time for this, though.  Yes, it's the cover art that drew me in - the music fits 63% of the way towards matching the cover.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdj60ai2rdjqbew